Marlboro EDC Volunteer Job Description
The Marlboro Township Economic Development Committee (“EDC”) strives to attract, retain, and grow businesses in Marlboro Township with the goal of ensuring Marlboro’s prosperity by serving as a catalyst for economic growth.
To this end, the EDC will:
- Be the first point of contact to prospective businesses interested in establishing a presence within the Township
- Act as a liaison to both existing and prospective businesses
- Coordinate the marketing of Marlboro toward targeted businesses
- Serve as an advocate and an information source for businesses operating or seeking to operate businesses in the town
- Coordinate community education outreach of Shop Marlboro!
The EDC reports directly to Marlboro Township’s Mayor with:
- Recommendations on improving municipal processes that support existing and prospective businesses
- Leads on community compatible businesses interested in locating in our township.
The Marlboro EDC is looking for volunteers who have specialized skills that can be offered to support the initiatives set forth by the committee. We are currently seeking individuals that possess any/all of the following:
- Strategic thinking
- Hands-on and can-do attitude with ability to execute against ideas
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Social Media expertise
- Graphic Design skills, a plus
- Commitment to attend team meetings on a monthly basis
- Commitment to attend and participate in key initiatives, as needed.
o These initiatives tend to be on weekends such as New Business Ribbon Cutting Ceremonies, Marlboro Day, et.al.
Although all volunteer applications will be accepted and considered, volunteer consultants’ whose skills are applicable to the specific needs of the EDC will be given higher priority of acceptance.
If you’re interested in being considered as a member of the EDC, please send an email to email@example.com with your resume and cover note expressing why you’re interested in joining the EDC. We appreciate your interest.