By participating in the Property Tax Reward Program (PTRP), you, the merchant, provide your customer with rebates in the form of property tax credits every time they present, together with the regular payment for goods and services, the Shop Marlboro Property Tax Reward Card at the point of sale.
View and download Shop Marlboro Collaterals here.
To receive additional Shop Marlboro! Property Tax Reward Program Participant Window Clings, please contact a member of the Economic Development Committee.
Benefits to the merchant:
- ONGOING MARKETING FROM TOWNSHIP: THE TOWNSHIP WILL IMPLEMENT A MARKETING CAMPAIGN TO PROMOTE YOUR BUSINESS WITH TOWN RESIDENTS AND INDIVIDUALS WORKING IN TOWN
- EMAIL ADDRESSES -THE PARTICIPATING BUSINESS WILL HAVE ACCESS TO ALL THEIR CUSTOMERS’ NAME AND EMAIL ADDRESSES
- DEALS OF THE MONTH: Give us your monthly coupon deals and we will email it to all our participants in our Deals of the Month email blast. Our email opening rate is an astonishing 40-50%. This is a FREE service.
- EMAIL BLAST – AT LEAST ONCE A MONTH WITH NAME AND ADDRESS OF FEATURED BUSINESS AS WELL AS A LINK TO THE BUSINESSES WEBSITE.
- A WINDOW CLING DISPLAYING THAT THIS BUSINESS IS PARTICIPATING IN THE PROGRAM. WINDOW CLINGS HAVE QR CODES. SCAN WITH YOUR SMARTPHONE AND GET THE LIST OF ALL PARTICIPATING MERCHANTS AND THEIR OFFERS
- FACEBOOK PAGE – BECOME OUR FRIEND ON FB AND WE WILL SHARE YOUR POSTS WITH OUR FB COMMUNITY
- BANNERS ON WEBSITE-EACH PARTICIPATING BUSINESS WILL HAVE TWO BANNERS ON OUR WEBSITE (WWW.PROPERTYTAXCARD.COM/(NAMEOFTOWN) . THE FIRST BANNER WILL BE AT THE TOP OF THE WEBSITE AND THE SECOND WILL BE IN LIST FORM UNDER PARTICPATING BUSINESSES. EACH BANNER WILL BE LINKED TO THE BUSINESS WEBSITE.
- TAX INSERT WHENER POSSIBLE, THE TOWNSHIP WILL INCLUDE AN INSERT IN THEIR TAX BILL/WATER BILL TO ADVERTISE THE PROGRAM AND YOUR BUSINESS. TAX/WATER BILLS ARE MAILED TO THE ENTIRE COMMUNITY.
Cost to the merchant:
- $10 monthly participation fee
- If processing the card on line on our website there is no cost. However, if you require a processing terminal (similar to a credit card machine)-there is a one-time cost for the machine ($150-dialup, $220 IP).
If processing using a processing terminal (similar to a credit card machine)-there is a one-time cost for the machine ($150-dialup, $220 IP).
(No ACH cost, no per swipe cost, no statement cost, no hidden fees of any kind!)
Procedure to provide tax credits:
- Customer is ready to pay for goods and services that you have provided
- Customer hands you regular payment, cash or credit. You process the payment and give the customer a receipt
- Customer hands you the Shop Marlboro Property Tax Reward Card
- You process the card in a dedicated processing terminal OR online, if that’s your preferred method to process the card
- A receipt is generated for the rebate (e.g., tax credit). The rebate percentage is established by you at the time of your registration in the program
- Every week, Fincredit, Program Administrator, debits your registered bank account to collect all your weekly rebates. You will receive an email with details of the debit, including the email addresses of your customers
- 80% of the rebate will be deposited in a dedicated account and ultimately remitted to Marlboro Township for the benefit of your customers’ property tax bill. The remaining 20% is held for program and management fee.
After processing your participation application, a detailed user guide will be provided to you together with your welcome kit.
For more information please go to FAQ. Information is also available in the Property Tax Reward Program Participation Agreement.
If you have any questions, you may contact the firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone (732)-946-0919.